We believe that we are one with each other, not one above another.
Volunteers choose how often they would like to help out at The Community Meal of Loaves & Fishes of the Fox Valley, Inc. Some individuals volunteer weekly and some monthly, while others prefer to come less often. It is up to the volunteer to decide. Hours are either from 3-5 pm for Set Up or from 5-7:15 pm for Meal Servers. Assistant Cooks volunteer from 3-7 pm. Each volunteer is invited to dinner. We encourage our volunteers to eat with our guests, but this is not a requirement. We believe that we are one with each other, not one above another.
Our volunteers come from various towns within the Fox Valley. Volunteers include parent-child teams, student groups, church groups, working adults and senior citizens. Some have been serving The Community Meal since its inception in 1999. Friendships have developed among the volunteers, as well as among the volunteers and the guests. Come and see if this is where the Lord is leading you to serve.
- Setup Volunteers – 3-5 p.m. Tasks involve: preparing the coffee; setting out trays, silverware and cups and packaging bread for the guests to take home at the end of the meal.
– 4:45-7 p.m. Welcome our guests as they arrive.
– 4:45 -7 p.m. Assist with guest sign-in book, help the disabled and give direction.
– 5-7:15 p.m. All volunteers rotate through the various stations and help with clean up after the meal. There are 11 positions available each evening:
- Meal Server
- Beverage & Dessert Server
- Floor Server-serve those guests who are with children or are unable to stand in line.
- Tray Scraper- assist guests with cleaning off trays and give to dishwasher
- Dishwasher – load commercial dishwasher and put dishes away
– 3-7 p.m. Assist lead chef in preparation of side dishes and main dish as needed.
We routinely serve over 100 individuals each Monday, Wednesday and Friday night.
To volunteer or questions on volunteering, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Barb Malone at email@example.com or call 920-750-0964.